Prepare Your PC for Windows 10October 18, 2018
- Processor: 1 Ghz
- RAM: 1 GB for 32 bit and 2 GB for 64 bit.
- Disk Space: 16 GB for 32 bit and 20 GB for 64 bit.
- Graphics: DirectX 9-capable video card with WDDM driver
- Delete unnecessary files.
- Uninstall unnecessary programs.
- Use disk clean up to delete temporary files. You can also use CCleaner to delete junk files.
- In Windows 8/8.1 start screen, type Recovery and choose Create a recovery drive.
- Connect a 16 GB USB flash drive and check Copy the recovery partition from the PC to the recovery drive. Then click next.
- Make sure your external USB disk drive has atleast 16 GB disk space.
Windows 10 is coming on 29, July 2015. So it is just knocking door. But have you prepared your PC for Windows 10? Windows 10 is coming with some new features. Definitely, Everyone is waiting to see Microsoft’s new web browser Edge. But you shouldn’t only wait. You should take a few moments to prepare your PC for Windows 10. Now you will know how to do it.
How to Prepare Your PC for Windows 10:
Before preparing your PC for windows 10, You should know the system requirements of windows 10.
Windows 10 System Requirements:
If your PC is running well in windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 without any incompatibility issue, You can install windows 10. Windows 10 requires –
But i’m recommending you to install windows 10, If you have more CPU resources than the requirements. If you have 2 GB RAM, you can install 32 bit OS and for 64 bit you should have 3 GB RAM.
If you have all the requirements to install windows 10, you should look forward.
Free Up Disk Space:
Windows 10 requires 16 GB disk space (Minimum). So make sure you have enough disk space in your local disk C or where you want to install it. It’s better to have double free disk space than requirements.
To do it –
Backup Your Necessary Data:
Before installing the most recent operating system, you should update your drivers. Otherwise, you may face any incompatibility issue. So update all of the drivers of your PC. You also can check your PC manufacturer’s website to get the latest drivers.
Create a System Image:
This is highly recommended. Both of Windows 7 and 8, there is a tool to create a system image (Full backup of your PC). In windows 7, you can do it very easily from control panel. You may require an external disk drive such as USB flash drive or external hard disk to create system image. In windows 8 or 8.1, you can do it by following steps-
By this way you can create system image of windows 8/8.1.
If you can confirm everything i mentioned above, You can upgrade your Windows to Windows 10 easily.
I hope this article will help you to prepare your PC for windows 10.