How to Recover Forgotten Windows Administrator Login Password (Local & Online)October 28, 2018
- Recover Windows Admin Password Connected with MS Account
- Crack Offline Admin Password Manually
- Reset Password by Using iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery Pro
- Recover Windows Admin Lost Password with PCUnlocker
- First of all, You should make user that your PC / laptop is connected with internet. If you don’t know how to do it, Simply click on the Network / Wi-Fi / Airplane icon in login screen and connect with any network.
- Now, From another device, Go to reset password page.
- Choose I forgo my password and click on Next.
- Now, Enter your email address and click on Next.
- Then, Choose your preferred method how you want to reset your microsoft account password and follow onscreen instructions.
- After resetting, Login windows 10 administrator account with new password.
- At first, Insert that bootable media in your PC.
- Restart your PC and press F12 to choose selective boot. For some PCs, You may have to press F8 or anything else.
- Now, Choose boot from USB storage or DVD or anything like that. It depends on which bootable media you have inserted.
- Anyway, Now, Wait until setup windows comes up.
- In setup window, You can press SHIFT + F10 to start command prompt. If it doesn’t work, Click on Repair and go to Troubleshoot > Command Prompt.
- In command prompt, Type regedit and hit Enter. It will open registry editor.
- From there, Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Then click on File from the menu and choose Load Hive.
- This will open new window like windows file explorer. From there, Go to the local disk where windows is installed. Typically, It should be local disk D or E. In that window, Local disk C is system reserved drive.
- Now, Right click on black area and choose Open Command Window Here.
- After doing it, Run the following commands.
- Now, Close everything, disconnect bootable media and restart windows.
- In your login screen, Click on Ease of Access / Utility button. It will open command prompt instead of correct tool.
- Now, You will have to activate secret administrator account of windows. To do it, Run the following command.
- Now, Restart your PC. You should a new user name: Administrator in login screen. Just select it and click on sign in.
- You should be in desktop successfully. Now, Press Win + X from keyboard and choose Computer Management.
- From there, Navigate to System Tools > Local Users and Groups >Users.
- Now, You should see a list of users of your computer. Just right click on the desired username and choose Set password. You may get a warning message. In that case, Click on Proceed.
- Now, Set new password according to your preferences by following onscreen instructions.
- Forgot Windows 10 password to the only administrator account on your PC?
- Disabled all admin accounts accidently and couldn’t log in to Windows?
- Windows account is locked out after trying passwords too many times?
- Lost admin rights and need to promote a guest or standard user to administrator?
- Windows refuse your account to login due to improper group policy settings?
- Need to convert Microsoft account back to local user when you’re locked out of Windows?
- Before unlocking your own computer, you need to create a PCUnlocker Live USB (or CD) from a friend’s PC. Download the ISO image of PCUnlocker, and then install the bootable USB creator software – ISO2Disc.
- Plug in your USB drive (with at least 1GB capacity) and start ISO2Disc. Click Browse to locate the PCUnlocker ISO file you just downloaded. Choose the “Burn to USB Flash Drive” option, select your drive and then click Start Burn to format and create the Live USB.
- Now, you have to set your own PC to boot to a USB drive. While turning on the computer, quickly and repeated press a particular key (F2, F12, F8, DEL, etc) to access the BIOS/UEFI screen. From here you should be able to choose the boot order.
- After booting to the USB drive, we should see the PCUnlocker screen that lists all local accounts in your Windows 10 system. In my case, I can see the email address of my Microsoft account is displayed under the “Description” column near to its associated local account. Just select that local account and click on Reset Password.
- You’ll be prompted to set a new password and the program will convert your Microsoft account to local account. Here we leave the password field as empty and click OK. Afterwards you’ll get a message box that says the password reset is successful.
- Unplug the USB drive and restart your computer. You can then log in to Windows 10 with the converted local account! That’s it!
All users are upgrading their PC OS to windows 10. Undoubtedly, It will be mostly used windows within next 1 or 2 years. This is more user friendly and secured windows ever. So, If a third person wants to recover windows 10 administrator login password, It won’t be a simple task. But, If you forget your login password and you are the owner of the computer, You can easily reset it.
Windows 10, 8.1 and 8 has two types of user accounts. Online and local. Online account remains connected with microsoft account. It syncs settings, personal files and data like google/microsoft/apple accounts do in smartphone. So, Resetting an online account is very simple. But, When your administrator account in windows 10 is a local account, It will not be so easy to recover. Anyway, In this article, You will get some instructions that may help you to recover windows administrator login password even if you are using windows 8.1, 8 or 7 too.
How to Recover Windows Administrator Login Password If Forgotten / Lost:
Normally, You can reset password manually. But, You also can use third-party software to do it.
Reset Windows Admin Password Index
Anyway, Resetting an administrator account connected with Microsoft and recovering an offline admin account password both are not so hard. You won’t have to be a hacker. It can be done by following different tactics.
Steps to Reset Forgotten Windows 10 Administrator Login Password Online:
Windows 7 users can skip this method. Because, It is only valid for windows 10. You can reset an online account password very simply like resetting an email account password. If you forget your windows 10 administrator login credentials, You can simply reset your microsoft account password and try to login with the new password. Here are the instructions.
How to Recover Forgotten Password of Windows Local Administrator Account:
Okay. Previous method was really simple. But, Situation challenges you badly when you lost administrator password which is not connected Microsoft account. You will face same challenge, If you can’t connect your PC with internet. But, You can simply deal with it. You won’t have to reinstall or reset windows. Simply follow these steps.
Step 1: Replace Utility Manager with Command Prompt
First of all, You need a bootable windows 10 USB drive or DVD. Don’t worry. You won’t have to re-install windows. You will just need to follow these things.
ren utilman.exe utilman.exe.old
copy cmd.exe utilman.exe
Step 2: Activate Secret Admin
As you have forgot your admin account password, You will have to create another admin account to reset forgotten windows administrator password. So, Here are the steps that can help you with that.
net user administrator /active:yes
Note: If you also have lost access to this secret admin, You will have to create another administrator account by running some commands. Read: How to Create Admin User Account by Command Prompt.
Step 3: Reset Your User Account Password
After enabling hidden administrator account, It’s time to recover the forgotten admin user password. Here the things to follow.
These are the two widely used methods to reset or recover windows administrator login password.
Note: After resetting password, You should undo changes that you did with cmd.exe and utilman.exe.
Use Third-Party Tools to Reset Admin User Password of Windows:
If you are really a busy person or want to reset windows 10 forgotten admin password without doing such complex things, You can go for a third-party software.
There are plenty of software available which can help you to recover windows administrator login password. Unfortunately, Most of them are premium. So, You will have to spend a few bucks. If you want my suggestion, I should mention two software iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery Pro and PCUnlocker .These are cheap but excellent software to crack windows password without changing it.
Reset Windows Password with iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery Pro
In fact, there is a fast, safe and more elegant way out of this situation. Just try iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery Pro to make a bootable CD or USB password reset disk and reset the forgotten Windows 10 password or unlock the account. iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery Pro is one of the most powerful solutions for resetting or bypassing all types of Windows account passwords: user’, administrator, Active Directory accounts, and domain administrators.
Step 1. Download and Launch iSeePasword Windows Password Recovery Pro.
First, you will have to download iSeePasword Windows Password Recovery Pro from their official website and run it on a working computer. You will need a USB flash drive or a blank writable or rewritable CD/DVD to make to make this method work. In this tutorial, we will take a flash drive as an example.
Step 2. Create a Bootable Flash Drive or CD/DVD
Insert the USB flash drive and let the software recognize the flash drive. Next, select the flash drive from USB driver drop down list and click on “Burn USB”. This will start the burning process of the ISO image file to the flash drive you have just inserted. After finished, it will show a “Burning Successful” pop message on your screen.
Please note: Use a blank flash drive for this method as the software will delete all your data currently present in the flash drive. And the same procedure is applicable if you are using a CD/DVD to burn the ISO image file.
Step 3. Start Reset Process on the Locked Computer.
Take the flash drive in which you just burned the ISO image file and plug it in the locked computer. Reboot the system and select “Boot from USB Drive” from the boot option menu to start the process.
The program will be started automatically and you will be prompted with the following screen.
Select the Administrator username and click on “Reset Password”. After that, click on “Reboot”.
Step 4. Success!
You can now login to your Windows 10 without using any password at all.
Use PCUnlocker to Recover Forgotten Windows Password:
PCUnlocker makes it extremely easy to reset a forgotten Windows password. At the heart of this software tool is its simplicity and reliability, which is well designed with an intuitive GUI interface. This software is widely used by novice users, computer repair technician, and even experts to fix various password & login issues like:
PCUnlocker works with all editions of Windows, from Windows XP to Windows 10 Creators Update. It also supports the latest UEFI firmware that comes preinstalled on most Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 computers. Here we’ll use it to demonstrate on how to unlock Windows 10 computer if you forgot a Microsoft account password:
So, These are the possible best ways to recover windows administrator login password. You let me know which one works for you.