Probably, You listen music, watch videos in your laptop or desktop. To play them, You must need a medial player. It has no doubt that VLC is one of the best media players for windows. Because, It’s completely free and it has a lot of features. But, Many users don’t know that they can easily control VLC media player on PC from android or iPhone. It means, Their smartphones will be like a remote controller.
Sometimes, You may feel tired. But, You need to watch a video in your PC’s bigger monitor. In that case, A wireless mouse or keyboard can help you. You can just go to bed, lay down and control your PC with that keyboard or mouse. But, Is it really super comfortable way to control VLC remotely? No. If you want to control VLC player in PC more conveniently, You can make your smartphone as remote controller. It will give you more convenient ways to control everything.
Tips Control VLC Media Player on PC from Your Smartphone:
Controlling VLC media player remotely is really an easy thing. Don’t you believe it? You will understand it after reading this article.
There may be more than one way to use your PC’s VLC player remotely. But, The most popular way to do it is using third-party mobile app. There are so many apps that can help you with it. You can easily find them in play store, app store or windows store by searching “remote control VLC” or any similar keywords. You should choose VLC remote controller app wisely. Because, Many of them are free to download. But, When you are going to play anything, It will ask you to purchase to unlock playing feature. You also should not pick any ordinary apps.
VLC Mobile Remote, VLC Remote Free, VLC Remote Plus are some popular apps. In this article, I’ll focus on them. Because, These are being used by millions users around the world. So, Here are the full instructions, How to control VLC media player on PC remotely with smartphone.
But, Before getting started, You must have the latest stable version of VLC installed in your PC. If you don’t have it, Just download it from here: www.videolan.org/vlc. Then do these things in VLC player of PC or Mac.
- At first, Open VLC in your PC or Mac.
- Now, Press CTRL+P from keyboard. It will open preferences windows. But, You also can reach here by navigating to Tools > Preferences from menu.
- Then, Look at the bottom left corner. Mark All under Show settings section. It will bring more advanced preference options before you.
- Now, Find and click on Main interfaces.
- Then, Mark on Web like the screenshot.
- After that, Expend main interfaces and click on Lua.
- Now, Give your preferred password in Lua HTTP section and then click on Save.
- Now, Close VLC and re-open it. You may need to click on Allow access button, If it asks for windows firewall related permission.
If you already have configured VLC media player according to my instructions, Follow next steps from below.
Note: Make sure your PC and smartphone are connected to same Wi-Fi.
Control VLC Media Player on Mac & PC from Android , Windows Phone and iPhone with “VLC Mobile Remote”:
When you want a solution that allows controlling VLC player of PC or Mac from windows phone, android or iPhone, VLC mobile remote is the perfect app. Because, It is available in all these platforms. Here are the instructions to use it.
- First of all, Install VLC Mobile Remote in your smartphone. These are the links for specific platforms.
- After installing this app, Open it.
- Now, Tap on Auto connect.
- You will be asked to give password. Just give the password that you set in VLC preference window.
- That’s it. You can now control VLC media player on PC or Mac from your smartphone.
This is an excellent app. But, Only a limited features are free. Full version costs 2.99 US dollars. But, This will unlock so many features. You will definitely like these features.
Control PC’s VLC Media Player by Using “VLC Remote Free”:
This app is only available in android phone and iPhone. So, Windows phone users can skip it.
- At first, Click here to download and install this app from play store. Click here to download from app store.
- Now, Open this app.
- Then, Tap on Add computer. Now, You may be asked to give pass code. But, You tap on Add manually. Because, Automatic method may require one more third-party software in your PC. You may not like it.
- Now, Just type your PC name and give its local IP address. Typically, The IP address starts with 192.168….. If you don’t know your local ip, Just open command prompt in your PC, type ipconfig and hit enter. It will show you the IPv4 address of your PC.
- After saving the settings, You can start using it. When you just tap on the PC name from the app, It will ask you a password. In that time, You will have to provide the password you have set in VLC. Then tap on OK.
- Now, You can control VLC media player on PC by your android phone. Even, You can browse your PC contents and play with VLC by controlling everything from your mobile phone.
All VLC remote controller apps are similar in functionality. You can use any of these apps easily like these two i have described. If you know any other better ways that helps to control VLC PC or Mac version remotely from a smartphone, You can can definitely share it in comment box.