There are many peoples who asked my how to reset or refresh windows 8, windows 10 etc. So, I’ve planned to write this article. Actually, System reset or refresh is a recommended solution to fix any kinds of windows problems. A simple reset or refresh can solve thousands of issues. But don’t do it at first. Because, There may be another solutions for you. If you fail to fix windows problem, Then you can apply this method.
A system refresh just restore your system to its default state. But a reset do more. It clean your files and personal data. Then re-install windows. It is more secure than windows refresh.
How to Reset or Refresh Windows PC Effectively:
Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 have the reset and refresh feature. So, This tricks only work with these modern windows operating systems. To do Windows Reset / Refresh follow the instructions below –
- For Windows 10, Open start menu.
- Go to Settings.
- Now navigate to Update & Security > Recovery.
- Under Reset this PC section, Click on Get Started.
- Now you will see two options.
- If you want to just refresh your PC, You have to click on Keep my files. If you want to reset your full system, Click on Remove Everything.
- Then follow the instructions. When you choose Remove Everything, You may be asked for which drive you want to clean. If you wish to remove everything from your PC, Choose All Drives. If you wish to keep files in other drive and just want to clean your system drive (Normally Local Disk C), Choose Only the drive where windows is installed.
- System Refresh may takes 30 minutes (Maximum) to be completed. But system reset may take a few ours. Normally, It completes resetting within 1 hour.
If you are using windows 8.1 or 8, Follow the instructions below to reset windows.
- Swipe your mouse cursor to the right edge. Tap on Settings.
- Click on Change PC settings.
- Go to Update & Recovery > Recovery.
- Now you will find your expected options.
Reset or Refresh Windows in Alternative Way:
It is also easier method to reset windows. Just follow the instructions.
- Open Start Menu.
- Click on power.
- Press and hold Shift from keyboard and click on Restart.
- Wait for a few seconds. You will see some advanced options.
- Click on Troubleshoot.
- Now click on Advanced options.
- You will get option for system reset. Now follow the instructions as before.
How to Reset, If You can’t login into your PC?
Some peoples can’t login into their windows 10 or 8. Then they may decides to re-install windows. But they can try a simple system reset or repair. Just see the instructions.
- You just need a windows installation media. Insert it into your PC.
- When windows installation options will be promoted before you, Just choose repair option.
- Then choose troubleshot and follow the instructions as before.
These are the ways to refresh or reset windows.