Service registration is missing or corrupt is one of the most common windows operating system problems. Millions of users faced it in the past and many users are still facing it. Specially, After releasing a new windows, This error occurs more than average. The latest Microsoft Windows 10 users are facing service registration is missing or corrupt. In past, Many windows 7 users faced this error. Some windows 8 and 8.1 users also faced it. I was also a victim of this error.
Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt:
You may notice that your windows is not updating. You can’t install apps. You may face some messages like ‘Windows was unable to install updates‘, ‘Something went wrong‘ etc or windows update error 0x8024402c or Windows Store Error 0x80010108. These are some common symptoms of service registration is missing or corrupt. When you try to troubleshoot your PC for knowing and fixing these issues, Your troubleshooter may show an error name that was not fixed. That it is. The service registration is missing or corrupt. See the screenshot, You will understand clearly.
Why Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt:
I did not find anything that can cause this windows problem. I’ll be keep finding the reasons. But one thing i am sure that one or more corrupted system files may cause this error service Registration is Missing or Corrupt.
Fix Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt:
I found some methods to fix this problem. Any of them may work for you. I could solve service Registration is Missing or Corrupt. So, I think these are the best method.
This can be your primary method. Follow the instructions.
- Press Windows Flag Key + R from your Keyboard. Now type services.msc and press enter.
- Now find Windows Update and double click on it.
- Set Startup Type as Automatic.
- Click on Start if it was stopped by default.
- Click apply and OK.
- Find Background Intelligent Transfer Service and Cryptographic Service.
- Then repeat the previous process.
- Restart your PC.
- Check if it solves windows 10 service registration is missing or corrupt.
If the first method fails, You can follow method 2. You have to do –
- Press Windows Key + X from keyboard. Select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now paste the following commands at once. You don’t need to press Enter. It will complete the process automatically.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Close command Prompt.
- Restart your PC.
- It should fix service registration is missing or corrupt.
If method 2 also fails. You can try this one. It will fix your corrupted system files automatically. If service registration is missing or corrupt was caused by any corrupted system files, It will fix it.
- At first open command prompt as admin.
- Now type sfc /scannow and press enter.
- Wait for a few minutes. It may take more times to complete the process.
- It will fix corrupted system files and fix the error.
May be this is the best method. You just need to refresh your PC without affecting your personal files. You also can Reset your PC. In that case, You have to backup your personal data. Read: How to Reset and Refresh Windows
Final Method: Re-Install Windows to Fix Service registration is missing or corrupt
Do a fresh windows installation. As nowadays, The main victims are windows 10 users, I should suggest them to download an fresh ISO file and do fresh windows 10 installation. If you upgraded to windows 10 from previous windows, You should be careful. Because, You may be asked for windows 10 product key. So you should do it in different way. Read this article to know more: How to Do a Fresh Windows 10 Installation
If you know any better solutions for service registration is missing or corrupt, You can share with us.