Is Google Chrome performing very slowly? Has it become unresponsive? You might like some tips to increase your favorite browser’s performance. So, Read this article.
Most of us prefer google chrome as our default web browser. It is one of the most popular web browsers. Sometimes, It may perform too slowly. So optimizing its performance is an important matter for us.
No doubt it is one of the fastest web browsers. But, Some internal problems can make it even slower than an unpopular buggy browsers. By the way, You can follow a few tricks and speed up google chrome without any issues.
What Slows Down Chrome?
At the beginning, Chrome was very slow on Windows 10. But, Now, There are no more issues. Still, some users have complained that chrome becomes dramatically slow on their PC. Does it have any particular reasons? Here are a few things that can slow down this web browser.
- Maybe, Your PC gets older. As Chrome is a resource hungry browser, it may not get the CPU power that is necessary to make it performs smother. In this case, Other browsers also perform slowly.
- Firewall and antivirus programs are often to be blamed for slowing down internet browsing speed. So, It is possible that these security programs are affecting chrome performance.
- Too many extensions, junk files and corrupted cache and temporarily date can be another reason for your browser slowdown problem.
- Outdated versions of Chrome perform slower because of incompatibility issues.
There are many other minor things that may affect its performance.
How to Speed up Google Chrome
Boosting chrome’s performance is easy but a bit long process. To do it, You can follow these basic steps –
Clear Browsing Data:
Cached and cookies makes web browsing faster. But sometimes it decrease browser performance. So we may experience slow speed while we are browsing. So clear cached and cookies when google chrome gives you a poor performance. To clear cached and cookies follow these steps-
- Click Customize and Control Google Chrome Icon
- Go to Tools and click on Clear Browsing Data
- Choose what you want to delete from your browsing history and done this step.
Plugins may reduce performance. So we have to disable some plugins which are not necessary. You will enjoy a better browsing experience, If you do it. To disable plugins follow the steps below.
- Go to chrome://plugins/ by using your address bar.
- Unmark the plugins which are not necessary and delete some extra plugins which will not be your necessary in the future.
Extensions may slow down your google chrome browser. So disable and delete some extensions from your browser. To do it just follow the steps below.
- Go to chrome://extensions/ by using your address bar.
- Uncheck some extensions which are not necessary and delete some extensions which are not needed in the future.
Remove Unnecessary Web Apps:
This is very easy. Extra web apps can affect your browser performance. So, I would like to suggest you to remove the web apps you don’t need. To do it –
- Simply type chrome://apps/ in your chrome browser’s address bar and press Enter.
- Now you will see the all web apps.
- Right click on which you want to remove and select Remove from chrome.
If you don’t find any benefit from the steps above, you may reset your google chrome browser. It’s totally up to you. To Reset follow the steps below-
- Go to chrome://settings/ by address bar.
- Now click on Show advance setting.
- Now Click on Reset Browser Setting.
Advanced Methods to Boost Chrome Speed:
The methods mentioned above are very easy. These are basic methods. So, Now, Let’s look at the advanced ways to boost browsing speed in this browser.
1. Renaming Chrome Folder:
It is very easy. Just follow the instructions below –
- First of all Press CTRL + R from keyboard to open RUN.
- Now type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\ and press Enter.
- Now you will see a new window contains some folders. You will see a folder name Chrome.
- Just right click on it and select Rename.
- Now give its name as Chrome.old and press Enter.
- Now open the browser and see everything seems new.
2. Enabling Prefetch:
Normally, This feature should be enabled by default. But, You may still need enable it manually. It is also a simple matter. To do it –
- Go to Settings and Scroll down.
- Now you will see Show advanced settings.
- Find and mark Prefetch resources to load pages more quickly.
3. Enabling Experimental Canvas Features:
If you are an advanced user, You can enable experimental canvas features. It will boost your browsing speed with google chrome. To enable it –
- Simply type chrome://flags/#enable-experimental-canvas-features in your address bar and press enter.
- Now click on enable of Enable experimental canvas features and then click on Relaunch.
4. Enabling Scroll Prediction:
It is so easy step.
- Simply type chrome://flags/#enable-scroll-prediction in address bar and press enter.
- Now click on enable & Relaunch like before.
5. Fast Tab/Window Close
Enabling Fast Tab/Window Close can help you to get faster experience with chrome.
- Go to chrome://flags/#enable-fast-unload like before.
- Click on Enable and Relaunch.
6. Raster Threads
Increasing rester threads number let google chrome to show images more quickly. Because, It reduces image rendering time. To do it –
- Simply go to chrome://flags/#num-raster-threads.
- Click on Default and select 4 from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Relaunch.
7. Simple Cache for HTTP:
Enabling simple cache in chrome makes your browsing experience faster. To enable it –
- Navigate to chrome://flags/#enable-simple-cache-backend.
- Click on Default and select Enable from dropdown menu.
- Click on Relaunch.
One Chrome Extension can Reduce CPU Power and Optimize Chrome’s Performance
There is an extension called OneTab. That can reduce browser CPU usage and speed performance. You can try that extension. Hope, That will help you.
I hope by following these steps you can get better performance from your favorite google chrome browser and fix the slow down problem.