System Restore is a very common word among the windows users. This is one of the best method to fix any software related problems in windows PC. May be everyone knows only the common method to do system restore. But there are some different ways to do system restore. Specially, It’ll be very good to know the ways to do system restore in Windows 10 as all as the previous windows.
Do system restore in Windows 10, Windows 8 & 8.1, 7 and Vista:
Now i’ll discuss some awesome methods to do system restore in windows.
Method 1: Common Method
This system restore method works for almost every versions of windows. To do it-
- Open start menu and type Restore Point.
- Now click on Create System Restore Point.
- Then click on System Restore.
- Now choose restore point and done.
To learn more, Read: Make Windows System Restore More Convenient
Method 2: System Restore by Command Prompt
This is another method that works for every versions of Windows. To do it –
- Press Windows Logo + X from your keyboard.
- Now click on Command Prompt (Admin). (Works for Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1)
- Now type rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Then system restore windows will be opened.
- Choose your restore point and restore your system.
Note: If you are using earlier version of Windows like Windows XP, Vista and 7, You have to open Command Prompt with administrator manually. Then type rstrui.exe for Windows 7 & Vista. For Windows XP, type %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press enter.
Method 3: Safe Mode with Command Prompt
You also can do system restore easily in safe mode with command prompt. To do it-
- You just need to press F8 key continuously after pressing power button of your PC.
- Then you will see advanced boot options in black screen.
- Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt by arrow key of your keyboard and press Enter.
- Then type the command i mentioned in method 2 and press enter.
- Then do system restore.
Note: If you are using newer version of windows like windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10, You have to do it different way. For windows 8 & windows 8.1, you have to enable advanced boot menu (F8 key function) manually. To learn how to do it, Read: Enable Legacy Advanced Boot Menu in Windows 8/8.1. To learn how you can boot into safe mode in Windows 10, Read: How to Boot Into Safe Mode in Windows 10
Method 4: Advanced Startup
This is a great method for the Windows 10 as well as Windows 8/8.1 users. To do it-
- You have to restart your PC by pressing+holding shift key from your Keyboard. If you are Windows 10 user, open start menu and click on power. Then press+hold shift and click on Restart. If you are windows 8/8.1 user, Move your mouse to the bottom-right corner. Windows charms bar will be opened. Now click on Power icon. Then press+hold shift and click on restart.
- Wait for a moment. You will see advanced startup options.
- Click on Troubleshoot.
- Then click on Advanced Options.
- Then choose system restore.
- Now you can restore your PC.
Method 5: Command Prompt in Advanced Startup
This another method to do system restore in windows. To do it,
- Open Advanced Startup as method 4.
- Then click on Troubleshoot and Advanced Options.
- Then select command prompt and type the command of method 2.
These are 5 methods to do system restore in windows PC. Normally, You don’t need to know all of these methods. But sometimes, you will really need it to troubleshoot your PC. Specially i fixed many problems of Microsoft Windows 10 by restoring system in safe mode. That was the only way to fix my problem.
If you have any question about ‘System Restore’, Ask me by comment.