Fix Wi-Fi / Network Icon Missing in Windows 10September 20, 2018 By kirsten
- Open Start Menu and click on Settings.
- Now navigate to System > Notifications & Actions.
- Then click on Turn system icons on or off.
- Now, Turn Network icon from the system taskbar icon lists. You just slide the slider to do it.
- Right click on Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- By default Process tab should be opened. If you are on Fewer details mode, You have to click on More details.
- You will see all of the running processes of windows. Just find Windows Explorer from the list. You can select any one and press W from keyboard to find it more fast.
- Right click on Windows Explorer and select Restart.
- Now, It will be closed and run again automatically.
- Look at the taskbar and see, Your missing Wi-Fi or Network icon is visible now.
- First of all, Press Windows Key + R from keyboard that will open RUN.
- Now type gpedit.msc and hit Enter.
- Now navigate to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar.
- Double click on Remove the network icon.
- Now, Set the settings to Disabled or Not configured.
- Click on Apply and OK.
- Restart your PC and see if it fixes the problem network or wifi icon missing from taskbar.
- Press Windows flag key + R from keyboard.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. It will open Device Manager.
- Now, Expend Network Adapters.
- Right click on the adapters and select Uninstall. Do it for all drivers under network.
- Now, Restart your PC.
- Open Windows Device Manager again.
- Click on Action from the menu and select Scan for hardware changes.
- Now, Windows will detect your network drivers and install it automatically. If it doesn’t do it, Just install the latest drivers from your manufacture website.
- If you can do these things properly, You can get rid of this problem.
Windows 10 users may encounter several serious problems. WiFi or Network icon missing on taskbar problem is one of them. Personally, A few days ago, I found my network icon had been disappeared from task bar. As a result, I faced several problems. I tried to fix it and fortunately i was able to resolve this issue.
How to Fix Wi-Fi or Network Icon missing in Taskbar Problem of Windows:
It can be fixed by following several methods. But these depend on the reasons behind the problem. If you are not seeing the icon on taskbar but connected to the network / wi-fi, You can fix this problem by following the method 1 and 2. Otherwise, Follow method 3 and 4.
Method 1: Configuring System Icon
Sometimes, Your network icon may stop displaying itself on taskbar for turning it off by an user or any thing else. In that case, You can manually turn this icon on for showing in taskbar. To do it –
Method 2: Restarting Windows Explorer
Most of the cases, This one solves the problem. A simple restarting of windows explorer is probably the best solution for this issue. To do it –
Method 3: Fix WiFi or Networking Icon Missing Problem from Group Policy
This is another excellent solution to get resolved this problem. It will surely work, If the reason is misconfigured network icon from group policy. Anyway, Here are the things you will have to do.
Method 4: Reinstalling Network Adapters
If you can’t connect network or wifi but having no wifi or network icon issue, This method is probably for you. Reinstalling network adapters may fix this problem. To do it –