Sometimes, You may encounter a windows update error in Windows 8, 8.1 or Windows 10. That is windows update error 0x80070103. Probably, It is the most common windows update error for windows 10 users. Normally, This problem may be solved automatically. But sometimes, You may face error 0x80070103 repeatedly. Don’t worry. I’m about to discuss some of its solutions in this article.
Why Windows Update Error 0x80070103:
There are several reasons of error 0x80070103. But most common reasons are –
- You might try to install the update which are existed on this PC.
- Updating less compatible driver.
- Corrupted files related to windows.
How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070103:
I already mentioned that this error code 0x80070103 may appear in windows 8, windows 8.1 or windows 10. So, I’ll give you individual solutions for these windows.
Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070103 on Windows 8/8.1:
You can fix error 0x80070103 by hiding unnecessary windows updates. To do it –
- Go to Control Panel > System & Security > Windows Update.
- Now click on Check for updates.
- After waiting for a few minutes, You will see the available updates.
- Now open optional updates.
- Right click on any updates you want to hide. Now select Hide update.
- You also can restore hidden updates by clicking Restore Hidden Updates from left sidebar.
- After hiding unnecessary updates, Try to install other updates in windows 8/8.1. Hope you don’t face error 0x80070103 again.
You also can do another thing. That is disabling auto updates of driver installation. To do it –
- Go to Computer Properties.
- Now go to Advance system settings.
- You will see a new window. From here, Select Hardware. Now tap on Device installation settings.
- Select No let me choose what to do and then Never install driver software from Windows Update.
- Click on Save Changes. Done.
After that you should not face 0x80070103 error code in windows 8 and windows 8.1.
Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070103 on Windows 10:
In Windows 10, You also need to hide unnecessary updates. It will fix error 0x80070103 windows 10 update. To do it –
- Download Show / Hide Updates Troubleshoot package. Short link: http://goo.gl/SI52I2
- Now open the downloaded package and wait for sometime.
- After that you will see two options. 1. Hide Updates. 2. Show Hidden Updates.
- Select Hide Updates.
- Now check the updates you want to hide and click on next. Follow the instructions.
Other things are common as widows 8.
I’ve not found any other good solutions for this error 0x80070103. After getting more solutions, I’ll update this article. You can visit https://support.microsoft.com to get solutions related to windows update.